Friday, June 24, 2011

New American Girl Movie 2012


     I found on Doll Diaries, that American Girl is casting for a new AG movie about girl called "Velma" I know, I know, Velma? Seems way to Scooby-Dooish for me. The site about the movie gave a short description of "Velma".
AMERICAN GIRL Velma is a wonderfully spirited, strong-willed young gymnast woth Olympic asperations, whose whole world comes crashing down when she is unexpectedly sidelined by an injury.Unfocused, with her grades slipping; she meets a tutor "Jane" and learns a few choice life lessons about what really matters.

Very interesting, isn't it? Below is a list of extras they are looking for.

The cast

     Jade Pettyjohn(above) has been hired on to play "Velma" She's a SINGER and a dancer. Wait, what? Did I just capitalize singer? Don't you think it's odd that they hired a blond girl who can sing and dance for an American Girl movie set to come out in 2012? Do you see where I'm getting? Yes, I mean that I think the "Velma" movie is really Julie's Musical under a false name. Many movie companies will come up with a fake name and stuff until the movie is in production. I have to say, she just doesn't look like Julie. I can't find out how old she is, but she's only 4 ft. 5 in. I would think for Julie they would get somebody older and talller.

     If you get on http://www.imdb.com/ you will see that Ysa Penarejo(above top) has also been hired for the movie. She just happens to be Asian like Ivy and can dance.  Nia Vandalos(above bottom) is set to play Jade Pettyjohn's mother in the film. Doesn't she look like Julie's mother??

     I believe that our next American Girl movie is finally going to be Julie's musical. If you find any more information, please comment me!

*Liddy*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thank you sooooooo much for the details! I can't wait to see the movie. She is supposed to be a gymnast?

Liddy said...

To be honest, I don't really know. It could be a Julie movie, but since both Ysa and Jade are dancers(and Jade's really short) I think it could really be a gymnast movie. I still don't think Velma is going to be her name though.

*Liddy*

Chloe said...

I bet it's Julie's musical is they both sing and dance and That girl looka alot like Ivy, but the other girl doesn't look like julie. Hmmmmm

A.J. said...

Weird! I agree! But, what about the injury and gymnastics? Do you think that could be Julie's finger injury in basketball?

skye said...

It's the Julie movie. Everyone says they're making a musical for it. :)

Morgan said...

I don't think that Jade looks like Julie either... blue eyes.....