Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Into the Past: Eighteen-Fifty What??

As I awoke, I felt sorta funny. I glanced down at my clothes.
"What in the world am I wearing?"
Sleepily I stood and hurriedly walked here and there. I had no idea where I was or what I was doing! I stopped and gazed at a beautiful meadow. Maple trees swayed in the breeze, while flowers merely fluttered in the green grass. A smile crossed my face as I saw brightly colored butterflys going from flower to flower. Bees buzzed around me with pollen heading back to their hives. My gazed caught a quaint little dirt rode leading up the hill and deeper into the heart of the meadow. I took the dirt path and followed it for about twenty minutes.
                             "Hello!" a girl cried to the left of me. "Please, come sit!"
                       I cautiously moved near her. "What time period is it?" I asked immediately.
                          "Why it's 1854. My names Anne Keynes, what's yours?"
                          "Natalie Keynes. We must be related! Have you heard of Grace Keynes?"
                           "Why, yes. She's my great-great-great-great grandmother. I was told to give a someone with your name this diary.
 I was also told to tell you, watch out! Danger lurks ahead. What your seeking is what everyone wants, so be very careful to whom you confide in," she told ne as she handed me the diary.
     "Thanks, now I must go to figure out what I need to do! Thanks again and bye!"
I slowly walked down the path until nightfall. There was a large maple tree. I decided to rest under it. I trodded over and sorely sat down. Before I knew it, I was asleep, again!

*Liddy*

No comments: